As you may have noticed, Georgetown lost to NC State in the second round of the NCAA tournament today. After embarrassing losses to Ohio and VCU in the past two years, the Hoya faithful can look forward to 11 more months of “LOL GEORGETOWN LOSES TO BAD TEAMS IN THE TOURNAMENT” jokes from your friendly neighborhood chapter of people who oversimplify everything and beat jokes into the ground and/or Syracuse fans. But hey, it’s not all bad… right? Right? Join me after the jump as I attempt to find the bright side of life and figure out other ways to waste time not doing schoolwork that don’t involve obsessing over the basketball team’s tournament chances.
- This season was all kinds of awesome. Nobody saw this coming. If you had told me in October that I’d be disappointed by a second-round tournament exit, I would’ve asked “CBI or NIT.” The following question would’ve probably been about your sobriety. Or lack thereof.
- The future is bright! Jason and Henry will be missed, and Hollis may declare for the NBA draft again before all is said and done, but Otto Porter, Greg Whittington et al. provided a huge lift to this team all year with their play. With the offseason to improve, they should be closer to the considerable potential they showed this year…. or at least that’s what you should tell yourself/assume if you want to be optimistic about next year. Also, JTIII has done a pretty solid job recruiting so far and could have quite the recruiting coup if he convinces Nerlens Noel to pick Georgetown over Syracuse and Kentucky. If you feel the need to stay focused on Georgetown basketball, I suggest you send positive mental vibes Nerlens’ way and hope he becomes the next big man in a long line of elite Georgetown bigs.
- Spring training is happening. And preseason baseball is basically as interesting as watching the Hoyas try to win a national title, amirite?
- Hey, Syracuse isn’t going to win the national title without Fab Melo, right? Because whenever they DO lose, it will be fun. And if they do win the national title, well, I won’t even try to spin that as a remotely positive thing.
- Speaking of remotely positive things, Duke lost on Friday. Which was HILARIOUS. If you’re feeling bad, just remember that Duke lost on Friday. Because Duke lost on Friday and if you don’t smile when thinking of Duke losing on Friday then you don’t have a soul.
- The women’s team won today against Fresno State, so they’re still alive. If they win their next game (against Georgia Tech on Tuesday), they’ll probably play Baylor in the next round. Which means they’ll need to figure out how to not have every shot ever swatted into the 50th row by Brittney Griner.
- Your bracket, if not yet completely busted by Norfolk State and Lehigh’s shenanigans (Although honestly, if you had Duke going really far… you’re getting no sympathy from over here) can still be a source of amusement and/or anguish. And money.
- Georgetown Day is a day closer than it was yesterday.